The clutch is not a common problem in cars. However, you should also know how to handle the vehicle to continue to operate the vehicle safely.
1. Three ways to start the car when the clutch is stuck
- Way 1: According to the drivers with many years of experience in driving a car, the old cars can usually start without touching the clutch pedal in case when the gear is set. To start the car with the clutch pedal, the driver needs to turn the key, the starting motor will turn the engine, the car will be jerked forward if the gear is set, at this moment the car will roll slightly.
- Method 2: For newer vehicles, there is usually an electric switch at the clutch pedal, which closes only when the driver pedals, allowing the vehicle to be started. In the event that you cannot release the clutch, you still need to depress the clutch pedal to close the switch in order to start the machine. When the motor starts to rotate the engine, the driver needs to hold it for a while and the car will go.
- Method 3: In the case the vehicle has not entered the gear, the clutch pedal is stuck. First, the driver needs to start and accelerate the car by forcing the gear lever into gear 1. The gearbox will refuse, but the pressure on the gear lever will create friction between the synchronous gear and the rotating gear, making the car move slowly. Once the vehicle speed is at the required speed for the engine gearbox, the gear will slide in and the vehicle runs normally. One weakness of this starting method is the ability to cause synchronous damage, so the driver only uses this method in some compulsory cases.
2. Gear up when the car is stuck with clutch pedal
- Experienced automobile experts said that when the car is already in gear 1, it is also easier to handle the clutches.
- The driver needs to press hard on the accelerator pedal and release to be able to pull the gear lever to slide out to zero. Then push the gear lever into track 2 but do not press hard.
- When the engine turns and the vehicle reaches the corresponding speed for the second gear ratio, the gear lever slides into track 2.
- If the engine speed drops too low, adjust it with the accelerator if necessary. Repeat for a larger number.
3. Gear reduction technique when the vehicle is stuck with clutch pedal
- To reduce the gearshift when the clutch cannot be released, the reverse of the gearshift should be performed: Keep the vehicle running at a steady speed, pull the gear lever to N then accelerate gradually while pushing the gear lever toward the gearshift lower. When the vehicle speed corresponds to the required speed of that gear, it will automatically slide to the lower gear.
4. Technique to stop the vehicle when the clutch is stuck
- Note: It is very difficult and stressful to stop or slow down a vehicle with a clutch in the clutch. If you can pull back to “mo”, the easiest way to stop is to pull the lever off any running gear and depress the brake.
- If the vehicle is going downhill, you can start again by letting the vehicle drift itself until it is fast enough to get into gear 1.
- If not, you must use one of the boot methods mentioned above. Keep in mind that any of the above processes can affect the vehicle’s performance system, so if possible, simply call an ambulance.
Source link < Instructions on how to handle the car when the car has a clutch > Automotivesta.com