You can change the air filter for your car’s engine at home with a few simple steps to make sure your engine is running at its best.
1. Prepare tools
- Specialized tools.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Personal protective equipment.
- New engine air filter.
2. Clean the old engine air filter
To ensure good engine performance, we recommend that you regularly check the air filter and clean it. This helps the engine work better when oxygen is brought in enough to burn the material.
- Step 1: Find the setting of the engine air filter. The engine air filter is usually located next to the engine system, when you open the bonnet, you will see a very large black box-shaped part with a serrated shape on the outside.
- Step 2: Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that fix the air filter cover (there are systems that do not need a screwdriver, but only need to pry on the fixed pin).
- Step 3: Take out the old air filter and proceed to clean it when it is still usable.
- Step 4: Get a soft brush to brush off the dirt that sticks to the air filter, then get the vacuum cleaner to suck it again and install the air filter back to the original position.
3. Replace the engine air filter with a new one
- Step 1: If you remove the old air filter, find it too dirty, torn and not in good use anymore, please replace it with a new one.
- Step 2: Get a new air filter in accordance with the requirements of the vehicle, put it in the old filter position. Note how to remove the air filter, replace it likewise.
- Step 3: Close the air filter protector, screw it, cover the bonnet, start the car, and then check again.
Source link < Instructions on how to change the air filter for a car engine > Automotivesta.com